Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sunday 5 am?? Thats not me.!!


Hi,
Seriously, Mr. P has gone nuts... he has gone completely mad and in the process of this highly unwanted task... he is making me like him too.!!!
After a few calculations... Mr. P could infer that its gonna be next year March if not now.! This was the last weekend before the Pujas.. during Puja and the week after that I will be busy at my office... after which I will be out on a 15 days trip to Kerala..
When I will be back it will be almost November... winter... which means waking up at 5 am will be even tougher. To let the winter go by.. it will be almost next year March... so Mr. P set an alarm (and two wake up remainders) at 4:45 am (and 4:50 and 5:00 am) to get up and get the fresh picture of the fiilthy Ganga (many call it Ganges.!) in the morning.!

Frankly speaking, Mr. P was not very happy with any of the pictures taken... but these are some of the better ones.
Believe me, these are the cleanest steps at Babughat. The ones which go into the Ganga have an inch of the polimaati on them throughout the year. I almost slipped on them today. Mr. P calls this picture with a very obvious name STEPS OF THE BABU.

Thats all he could get at Babughat worth posting. Mr. P moved out
of there.. while I was having some biscuits, he asked a person selling neem sticks, natural toothbrushes, about any other nearby ghaat.
"Outram Ghat"... Mr. P went there but photography was not allowed...

Then me and Mr. P were on our own.! Mr. P could find some of the unnamed ghaats... Here is what we got from there:
This old man in the picture was holding up arms in the same way since I discovered that he is there in the Ghat... I took few pictures of him ... he was there in the same position... and before I finally turned away from him... I saw him staying in the same position... chanting something...
Mr. P calls this picture FAITH.


The next picture is from the same unnamed Ghaat.

After Mr. P had taken the pictures.. I was standing at the same place thinking... They have been tied to the same stock for hundreds of years... neither the boat design nor the majhi uniform has changed in so many years.! Only the crossing fare might have gone up.! Thanks to the "developement" we are a part of.
Mr. P calls this picture OLD FERRY.


And what is Ganga to a bengali without the Howrah Bridge.! I had tried many times to see it in a single shot... but I always had to turn my head to cover the complete view. But hey.! Look what Mr. P has done.! He just did it...

From another unnamed Ghaat near the first one... Mr. P just clicked the view.. and I called it, much to the disagreement of the highly philosophical Mr. P, THE WHOLE PACKAGE.

But the problem started to show up.! I was at the place from where this 'whole package' picture was taken and Mr. P wanted to go to the foot of the Howrah Bridge... the one which is on the left side of the picture above.

"Koi Gal Nahi, Sir jee"... I told Mr. P... I had a fresh morning tea from a stall... plugged my earplugs with a song in it... and simply started walking towards it. On the way I got this picture of the road...
Mr. P and I call this picture with the very same name as the girl from
a nearby car would have called it (after she was done with her amazement of seeing a short guy taking the picture of an empty street at 6:00 am for no appearent reason... I wish she could see Mr. P.. but she couldnt as he was inside me..)... A TAKE FROM A WALK.

And finally when me and Mr. P reached that 'left sided foot' (hey... m good at keeping names.!!! Mr. P... left sided foot.!)of Howrah Bridge after walking a little more and finally taking a bus... Mr. P discovered another ghaat there... it had a name starting with 'Chan...' but I dont remember the name rigt now.!! (sorry..! next time pakka.!)... Mr. P descended on it...
After taking a few snaps... Mr. P (and I) found only this picture 'bloggable'... It was more than 6:30am and this is exactly what I call as my dawn. And this is what I call this DAWN OF DAWN.

Then it was just a return bus with music plugged in my ear... and a Kolkata waking up....

I seriously have loads of doubt that you would like these picture on which Mr. P made me invest my half of sleep... but some kind of satisfaction would come to Mr. P after I have posted them here...

Do post your comments if you feel like.!

Cheers.! :)

1 comment:

Rashmila said...

in one word... DARUN hoyeche photogulo... wish i could go on a walkathon to click snaps...